Sunday, July 19, 2015

Back to let's make a deal


Some hugs, some uncomfortable discussions about fear, conflicted emotions and duties.  I can remain rational.  I am damned good at it.

We were tired and she sent me on my way with some fresh peaches and a couple of ears of corn.

There was no makeup sex. Sometimes no decision is a decision.

One author has written about the five love languages.  Mine is quality time; one on one bonding time and intimacy.  I don't want to be smothered.  I don't seek praise or gifts.

Here is the main problem:  http://markmanson.net/fuck-yes

Well back to my fucked up life.

I am still pursuing the deal.

I  guess.

If I have to...

The deal:

Imagine that you are not yet born and you are made the following offer. You can choose to live and you will experience wonderful things. You will feel summer breezes, falling snow, and the sand between your toes. You will travel, have adventures and see the world.  You will love others and feel their warm embrace and they yours. You will smell smells, hear music, the rustle of leaves, and many other wonderful things. You will see sunrises and sunsets, you will laugh, you will wonder and feel the rush of curiosity and learning. 

You will also feel great pain. You will work hard sometimes for very little reward.  You will suffer injuries of various physical and emotional types, betrayals, cuts, bruises, broken bones, disappointment, heartbreaks, health scares or even paralysis for the remainder of your life. You will see others suffer and die and ultimately you too will cease to exist.

Will you take the deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment