Monday, January 4, 2016

2015


2015 was a pretty good year. 

I used all of my vacation days.  As I grow older I focus more on experiences rather than material things. 

This is not to say that I am not continuing to pull the plow to pay for those experiences and material things.  Sometimes the harness of that plow is painful and it has left some scars.  I do like my shiny toys but at this point I am pretty satisfied with the fleet and my home.

I took two trips to Florida.  I do like those crashing waves, sunshine, and beach walks.  Key West was fun.

I skied in the mountains of Colorado.

I rode my motorcycle across the plains and into the mountains.  I rode on some of the best roads the world has to offer.  I did it!

My youngest son got married.  It was a beautiful wedding.  His bride is wonderful.

I cruised the Spanish coast on a beautiful ship.  I stood on top of the rock of Gibraltar.  Visited Rome and the Vatican City.   Saw the statue of David. 
I ate some good food, heard some good music, and had some good drink.

Damn, that is a pretty long list.

Some of the things that did not go so well.

 I have had some health issues. 

My love life was not entirely satisfying.  I broke up with my girlfriend right before the holidays. 

My mother had a car wreck and a fall.  She has pretty well recovered but these events serve as reminder that she is only one bad incident from a very significant lifestyle change.

No comments:

Post a Comment