Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day 8


I woke up in one of the best places in the world.  It gets cold in Yellowstone.  On August 1, 2015 there is frost covering the table and my motorcycle.

 

I wash down a quick breakfast of some granola type bars and jerky with some cold water.  I pack up my home for the night.  I am look forward to another great day.  Today, I will find some buffalo, visit a majestic waterfall, and ride the Beartooth Highway. 

The Beartooth Pass/Highway is one of the top scenic roads in the world.  I have planned to drive or ride this road again form many years.  I am ready to go back and do it again.

George comes out and we talk about life.  We talk about women, kids,  divorce and motorcycles.  I tell him I am going through Sturgis.  He tells me that is too wild for him.  He has seen a lot.

He brings me a condensed bible and assures me that all of the answers are in it.  I accept his gift.

He decides he want to go for a ride with me.  I am a little wary as I had my people fix and am good for another week.  I am pretty comfortable about traveling alone. 

Nonetheless, George needs to get out so I agree.  His wife seems content sitting in the RV and watching TV.  She never did step outside while I was there.

We suit up and go visit the waterfall.

 

We tangled with some buffalo with no respect for the right of way. 

 

We visit Yellowstone Lake. 

I buy him lunch and we go our separate ways.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment