Monday, January 12, 2015

A work in progress

My life, a work in progress.

I write to no one but myself.  I am a contradiction.  I play the game.  I show up.  I pay my taxes.  I lick my own wounds.

I enjoy the road less traveled.  I search the wild places for peaceful discoveries. I avoid highways when possible. It often is not possible.

I believe we are each responsible for our own happiness. I would like to leave the world a better place than I found it.  

I like mechanical things.  They excite me. I want to know what makes them tick.

I love my dog and hope I can be half the man he thinks I am.  He does not try to change me and forgives me when I fail.

I am a romantic. I won’t sit at home and wait for luck to find me. I will chase it down.  Or not.

“I am convinced that Adrenaline is an essential nutrient and that we take risk not to escape life but rather to prevent life from escaping us.” Author unknown.

I am a risk taker but I measure and minimize that risk.

I like to think, talk and read. I try to learn, always.

I am an over achiever. “That which doesn’t kill me only makes me stronger”. 

Travel and discovery are important to me.
 
I show up.  I chase the money.  I am a contradiction.  But there might be something I'd rather be doing.

1 comment: