Monday, May 16, 2016

Another Tricky Day

ITX 3-16


https://www.dvidshub.net/image/2583569/itx-3-16




ITX 3-16


Some pictures as  my son is involved in training at 29 Palms California.  I would like to think that he is in one of these photos.


"You want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something."


I am grateful for the service.  I am quite sure that I want my son on that wall.  But he made the choice and he serves with honor.


Tough duty.  Not nearly as nice as the name implies. I would prefer that my son stay far away from desert training.  Yet I want him trained for the job he may have to perform.


I am fond of saying I had another tricky day.  Juggling personnel, making calls on trials, trying to keep current on my files and emails. 


Another tricky day for him but his involves high explosives and now nice bed at the end of the day.    Perhaps my days are not so tricky. 


One more deployment and he may be out.

No comments:

Post a Comment