Monday, May 23, 2016

The day after a ride, some thoughts


I do not want to go quietly into the night, yet that is a possibility for us all.  I want to lead an interesting life.  I vow to embrace and enjoy the ride.  I will try most things once.  My comfort zone is pretty wide.

I took Vanessa on a motorcycle ride.  It was a beautiful day. 

She later told me that she never thought that she would ever ride on a motorcycle and that she would not expect to enjoy it. 

She told me she enjoyed the ride and my company.  It was well out of her comfort zone. 

I did feel a bit guilty afterwards.  Perhaps I am overthinking.

Most women I have dated were anxious to go for a ride.  This seems a bit different. An obligation to me? Perhaps she was overthinking.

My conundrum for today; do I want to push someone out of their comfort zone?  Safety is not assured.  Or search for that woman who longs for the ride?

I liked this quote:

“The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.”

Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

 

Another thought:  Regret lives in the past.  Worry and anxiety live in future.  Sometimes it takes a divorce to figure these thing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment