Monday, August 10, 2015

Zen, the motorcycle, and the boy from Minnesota


“The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there.”
Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

A very interesting book by the way.

As the old adage goes, sometimes is not the destination, but the journey.

 I wanted to see if I could do it.  Solo.  Travel to the mountains on a motorcycle.   Ride  world class roads.  Cross the high plains on a powerful machine.  Depend on no one but myself.  Arriving in the Rocky Mountains by car or plane is one thing.  Arriving after two days of hard travel in the heat across the prairie is like Moses first  viewing the promised land.

Plenty of time for me to  think.  A chance to assert my independence, confidence and resourcesfulness.

A successful journey. 

More thoughts to follow….Some posts to edit from the trip.  Perhps some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment