Monday, November 9, 2015

I make judgments but it save time


I couldn’t do it.  I do not have it in me.  A character flaw?  A lack of interest and will?  Poor upbringing?

While in Winter Park, on my motorcycle adventure, I observed perfection in dress.  A man was  at the trendy fish taco restaurant, looking perfect, preppy, pretty  and complete.  He had a white sweater with the sleeves wrapped strategically  around his neck.  Clean Birkenstock shoes, creased khakis, and beautiful  hair.  Each hair was exactly where it should be.  He looks prettier than the woman he is with.  The ultimate preppy look.

I laughed to myself.  Seriously, a white sweater?  How does he get it to stay in place?  Tacos? One splatter?  That would end badly for me.

I could never be that pretty.  Never be that vain. I would fail miserably.

Give me good enough.  Give me some sweat and an adventure.  Give me horsepower.  Give me the same good food.  Give me deep thoughts and good company.  Please don’t give me preppy clothes or expect perfection. 

I realize I am not like some men.  Some are entirely foreign to me.  Not to sound too arrogant, but I prefer substance over form.

I realize I am judging.  Can he change a tire or chop down a tree? 

Perhaps he has it all, form and substance.  I doubt it.


That is unfair.  I know it and judge myself.  I am guilty of making these stereotypes.  But it saves so much time. 


Here I go judging again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment