Monday, February 22, 2016

I ain't the boss but I sure do like his music


Sometimes I wish I could really write. Move people with words. Truly explain the human experience.  The angst, the joy and the sorrow.



Bruce Springsteen can write.  He can sing.  He can play the guitar and harmonica.  He can move people with his words and music. 



I saw Bruce Springsteen last night in Louisville.  An awesome show. 

Here are some of my favorite lyrics. 



From Thunder Road, possibly one of the best rock and roll songs ever recorded.



Don't run back inside
darling you know just what I'm here for
So you're scared and you're thinking
That maybe we ain't that young anymore
Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me


You can hide 'neath your covers
And study your pain
Make crosses from your lovers
Throw roses in the rain
Waste your summer praying in vain
For a savior to rise from these streets
Well now I'm no hero
That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl
Is beneath this dirty hood
With a chance to make it good somehow
Hey what else can we do now?


Except roll down the window
And let the wind blow
Back your hair
Well the night's busted open
These two lanes will take us anywhere
We got one last chance to make it real
To trade in these wings on some wheels
Climb in back
Heaven's waiting down on the tracks


 

I pull the plow.  My plow pulling pays a bit better than other pulling positions but it all takes a toll.  Here are some Lyrics from The Promised Land



Mister, I ain't a boy, no, I'm a man,
And I believe in a promised land.

I've done my best to live the right way
I get up every morning and go to work each day
But your eyes go blind and your blood runs cold
Sometimes I feel so weak I just want to explode
Explode and tear this town apart
Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
Find somebody itching for something to start

The dogs on main street howl,
'cause they understand,
If I could take one moment into my hands
Mister, I ain't a boy, no, I'm a man,
And I believe in a promised land.

There's a dark cloud rising from the desert floor
I packed my bags and I'm heading straight into the storm
Gonna be a twister to blow everything down
That ain't got the faith to stand its ground
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted


 

Great stuff.  I will still work on my writing when I am not pulling the plow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment