Friday, March 4, 2016

Love and the art of motorcycle maintenance



Some good stuff here.   She is a good writer.   I think I am in love....




"I came to motorcycles because I felt more isolated than ever: I was alone and unformed and in the midst of psychic upheaval. I wanted a shape all my own, a shape that didn’t hinge on another person. For a long time, motorcycles became that shape....




It will remind me of how good it felt to share myself with another person, to feel like I finally knew where home was, and then how it felt to cut that safe haven away and be adrift once more. It will remind me that when I started riding, I wanted to grow into myself and I did; I sought a shape and I found it."




http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/06/fashion/love-motorcycle-independence.html?_r=0


Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance is also a fine read!

No comments:

Post a Comment