Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Sitting and thinking



Simple pleasures are still the best.  Yet that make me somewhat of a hypocrite.   I work hard and chase the money and sometimes need to be reminded of simple pleasures. One of life's contradictions. 

I enjoy the road less traveled. I search the wild places for peaceful discoveries. I avoid highways when possible. I have been to 49 states and am still missing Hawaii

I have seen and climbed mountains.  I have paddled through remote Canadian lakes.  I have dug my toes into the sand and dived in the ocean.

I believe we are each responsible for our own happiness. I would like to leave the world a better place than I found it. 

I like mechanical things. They excite me. I want to know what makes them tick.

I love my dog and hope I can be half the man he thinks I am. He does not try to change me and forgives me when I fail.

I like most food, a little spice is good.

I grew up in Minnesota near Lake Wobegon, and did a 12 year tour for work in Houston.  

I am smart and pretty independent.  Last summer I rode a Honda motorcycle to Colorado and Yellowstone solo.

My sons are great and pretty well launched.  The oldest in an accountant and the youngest is a Marine.   I did alright with them.

I love music and great lyrics.

I have been lied to and cheated on.

I am a romantic. I won’t sit at home and wait for luck to find me. I will chase it down.

I like to cook.

“I am convinced that Adrenaline is an essential nutrient and that we take risk not to escape life but rather to prevent life from escaping us.” Author unknown.

I like to think, talk and read. I try to learn, always.

I am an over achiever. “That which doesn’t kill me only makes me stronger”. 

Travel and discovery are important to me.

It is a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment